Meghan Markle’s father Thomas has written a personal message to the Queen following a massive stroke which left him unable to speak.
Meghan Markle’s father was released from hospital five days after suffering a massive stroke as the Duchess of Sussex reportedly tried to contact him to end their four-year feud.
Retired Hollywood lighting director Thomas Markle, 77, fell ill in Mexico last Monday night and was rushed to hospital by emergency ambulance. The sun reported.
He is believed to have lost his speech following the incident – which came after he had already suffered from a medical condition last week, sources said. The sun. After being released today, he told the Mail on Sunday“I feel extremely grateful and I know how lucky I am to be alive.
“I want to thank everyone, especially the wonderful doctors and nurses who saved my life. They are angels.
“I have been deeply touched by the messages of love I have received from all over the world. People have been so kind.
“I can’t speak right now, but I’m working hard and will thank people properly when I can.”
Mr Markle had planned to fly to Britain this week to celebrate next weekend’s Platinum Jubilee – but the stroke sabotaged the trip.
His condition was so serious he could only communicate by scribbling messages on a piece of paper, sources said.
Writing on a whiteboard with a marker, he wrote: “I wanted to come and pay my respects to the Queen. I wish him a happy Jubilee and many more years.
The severe stroke was caused by a blood clot on the right side of Mr Markle’s brain.
Meghan, 40, is now said to have contacted her father’s camp after being discharged from hospital.
An insider told the sunday mirror“Despite their distance, Meghan is worried.
“She wants to know if there is a way to contact her father privately, without other family members knowing or having to get involved.”
Meghan is said to be worried that contacting her father will mean having to speak to her half-siblings Thomas Jr, 55, and Samantha.
The source said: “Meghan cannot contact her half-siblings as she believes they have their own agendas.
“If she can contact their father, she wants it completely private. It won’t involve Netflix, it won’t involve any photography, and it mustn’t involve bashing the paparazzi.
The health scare comes after Thomas warned in a bitter High Court confidentiality case that he was so ill he could ‘die tomorrow’.
In a letter in the case launched by Meghan over a ‘personal and private’ letter, he revealed he was ‘clinically obese’, had ‘heart and lung problems’ and was taking blood thinners which affect his breathing.
Meghan’s father missed his royal wedding four years ago after claiming he suffered a heart attack.
Meghan’s relationship with her father fell apart after she posed for paparazzi photos ahead of the 2018 wedding.
Harry and Meghan have confirmed they will be attending the Queen’s party with Archie, three, and Lilibet, who is celebrating her first birthday over the Platinum Jubilee weekend.
They are believed to be staying at Frogmore Cottage at Windsor Castle.
Mr Markle has never met Harry or his grandchildren.
It comes as the Queen, who suffers from mobility issues, promised to make two appearances on the balcony of Buckingham Palace on Thursday – the first day of her Jubilee celebrations.
A source told the Mail on Sunday“The Queen is determined to participate in the Jubilee celebrations.
“The parade has been brought forward a week to be part of Jubilee this year and the Queen really wants to be part of it.”
The Queen herself has inspected the troops every year of her reign – but this year she plans to appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace to greet the guards’ return to barracks.
Prince Charles will replace the Queen, inspecting the troops on horseback.
This article originally appeared in The sun and has been reproduced here with permission.
#Thomas #Markle #lucky #alive