‘Desperate’ plea to save The Block amid new season crisis

The next season of The Block is in crisis mode, with the series creators taking to Instagram with urgent pleas for help.

The block is facing a critical shortage of tradie during filming, with the program’s construction company posting an urgent appeal on social media for immediate applications to save the series.

Nine in Six, the construction company behind next season Tree Changewho is based in Gisborne, Victoria, “desperately needs help finishing the series,” he posted on Instagram this week.

“We are in desperate need of assistance to complete the current series of The block, Shaft change. Carpenters, coating crews, skilled workers, sales assistants,” the company’s official account wrote.

“Salaries, casuals, subscriptions, we will not discriminate. Immediate start, 5 weeks before Rental Gisborne Victoria. Send us a message if you are interested.

The block Executive producer Julian Cress also said building materials were “incredibly hard to come by” for the yard, blaming a “pandemic hangover” for the multiple issues plaguing the popular home improvement series.

Luke Dennehy, who works in publicity for the show, echoed the post on his Instagram page, citing widespread instability in the construction industry this year, which has seen a number of construction companies go into liquidation in recent months.

He said it’s been a “tough ride” for creators this year.

“@TheBlock needs a few exchanges to make sure we’re done,” Dennehy wrote.

“Add to that some serious supply issues, it was a tough race. But the houses will be amazing. Trades – carpenters, cladding crews, skilled tradesmen, trade assistants – Head over to @nineinsix Insta or email andrew@nineinsix.com.au to join the team.

“It’s beautiful here in Gisborne South. Tag anyone you think would be good. Lack of supply and staffing issues are what everyone is talking about in the construction industry right now. »

Some of Australia’s biggest construction companies continue to crumble under the pressure of a “perfect storm” of factors that have driven up housing construction costs and created costly delays.

The cost of building a new home is estimated to have risen by $76,715 in two years, with average construction expenses exceeding $400,000 for the first time, according to the Australian Financial Review.

The shortage of skilled workers from overseas due to border closures since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic has also crippled the industry, sending labor costs skyrocketing.

The executive producer faces a dire situation

Executive producer Julian Cress spoke on 3AW Melbourne Afternoons with Dee Dee yesterday, describing the situation as a ‘genuine challenge’.

When asked what they lacked more – materials or crafts – Cress explained that getting the show off the ground has been a “real challenge” this year due to the disarray and uncertainty in the industry of building.

“We’ve struggled a lot over the past two years to put on the show with the pandemic, and I think we’re just seeing a bit of a hangover with Covid now. Materials have been incredibly hard to come by, many things we take for granted are simply unobtainable…but how we’ve also run into a real labor shortage.

He said he hoped the builds would be able to complete, but revealed there had been “crisis meetings” this week to discuss the challenge ahead.

Deliver the news you want, when you want with Flash. More than 25 news channels in one place. New to Flash? Try 1 month free. Offer ends October 31, 2022 >

“Until now, we’ve worked with a labor shortage, and everyone has been rushing to do whatever they can. But now, when the weather starts to turn and you only have a few weeks to go… that’s the critical moment.

He said builders were “really worried” about the job.

“It’s not only The block … I feel like it’s an Australia-wide shortage of occupations.

The couple pull out two days before filming

The shortage of staff is not the first obstacle The block faced this year, with two of the biggest names leaving the competition just three days after filming began.

As reported by The Daily Telegraphinfluencer Elle Ferguson and her fiancé, former AFL player Joel Patfull, had to step down as candidates after Patfull’s mother suffered a bad fall.

Patfull, formerly of the GWS Giants, and fashion and beauty blogger Ferguson are said to have traveled to Adelaide, where Patfull’s mother Trish is receiving treatment for a possible brain haemorrhage, fractured coccyx and broken wrist.

Ferguson took to social media with a post revealing the sudden change of plans, saying, “Family always comes first.”

Power couple Ferguson and Patfull have been enlisted to join The block as the most prominent contestants this season along with former Neighbors star Sharon Johal and her husband Ankur Dogra.

Influencer and businesswoman Ferguson has 680,000 followers on Instagram and has her own line of self-tanners, Elle Effect.

Meanwhile, Pattful, who retired from the AFL in 2016, works as head of operations for Elle Effect and owns an athletics line, Lost Athletes.

Surprise twist this season

The Block Tree Change will see the new crop of applicants leave for the Victoria area to get stuck in their constructs.

Host Scott Cam will also be renovating his own To block property for the first time.

He comes on the back of a controversial Fans vs Faves season that was spoiled by the biggest cheating scandal in the history of the series after a team distributed a photo of the top secret production schedule.

Read related topics:The block

#Desperate #plea #save #Block #season #crisis

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *