Netflix ‘disappointed’ by failed Harry and Meghan jubilee

Harry and Meghan are said to be in bad books with Netflix after the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – with a move from the duo in question.

Netflix won’t be so cold about this alleged royal rejection.

Prince Harry and Meghan Marklethe failure to land a photoshoot with Queen Elizabeth II and other royals with baby Lilibet at last week’s platinum jubilee is a Bitter disappointment for Netflix executivesaccording to self-proclaimed royal expert Angela Levin.

The grade Prince Harry and Camilla biographer Parker Bowles dropped the bombshell on Tuesday during an appearance on the British talk show UK News, reported the Daily Mail.

“I heard Netflix wanted these photos of them with the royals,” Levin said of the alleged photo bombing of another guy.

“Because they would have sold it. It would be very valuable, very valuable to them.

The streaming platform has given the green light to runaway The Sussexes’ high-profile ‘at-home’ docuseries in May – but cameras were reportedly banned from Jubilee as part of the ‘Sandringham deal’ struck when the couple quit their royal roles in January 2020.

Outspoken Levin weighed in on the new photo controversy that emerged when Harry, 37, and Markle, 40, introduced 1-year-old Lilibet to Elizabeth for the first time last Wednesday, after flying to the UK to take part in the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

Reports from several other outlets claim the California-based couple wanted their personal photographer to take happy snaps of the 96-year-old monarch and Lilibet – but they were snubbed, with an unnamed source claiming they were told: ‘No chance. It was a private family event,” the Sun originally reported.

This same bird also claimed that Elizabeth’s guardians feared that Harry and Markle would leak the photos to US television networks.

However, a source with knowledge of the situation told the Post that claim was false, stating that “they just enjoyed a private and intimate visit with the Queen.” They added that the Sussexes hadn’t even bothered to ask for photos because the 96-year-old monarch was not feeling well – an explanation Levin refuted.

Levin, for his part, agreed with the first explanation. “Harry and Meghan wanted to see the Queen as soon as possible, so she saw them on the first day,” she claimed. “She came in, and then they asked if they were bringing their own photographer and they asked if he could take a picture of the two Lilibets, and she said, ‘No, absolutely not possible’.”

Queen Elizabeth’s communications secretary declined the Post’s request for comment on the conflicting reports about the “private” meetings.

Netflix representatives did not respond to requests to confirm Levin’s claims.

Levin previously told the MailOnline that Harry was ‘incredibly cheeky’ when he asked his grandmother to pose for a photo with his daughter, given Elizabeth’s fragile health and the intense amount of work he was doing. she had during the Jubilee. She praised the palace “for being so smart and cunning that he never had the chance to be photographed with one of the royals.”

Levin explained that Harry and Markle sat on the right side while the others – Duchess of Cornwall Camilla, Prince Charles, Prince William and Kate Middleton – sat on the other.

Indeed, Page Six reported that the power couple didn’t spend any private time with William, Kate, George, Charlotte and Louis during their brief Jubilee visit. Meanwhile, William’s family have reportedly declined an invitation from Harry and Meghan to attend Lilibet’s first birthday party.

Harry’s relationship with his brother William has reportedly been strained since the Sussexes – who notoriously quit palace life in January 2020 – trashed the Royal Family in an infamous interview with Oprah Winfrey 14 months ago.

Needless to say, Levin thought the royal cold shoulder would have serious ramifications for the streaming careers of the Sussexes, who signed for a multi-million dollar contract with the streamer in 2020 after moving to the United States.

“They would have used it [the photo] for Netflix,” she lamented. “It would make them happy to have had her with her great-grandmother, you know.”

Investigative journalist Tom Bower, who is working on a biography of the Duchess of Sussex, agreed with Levin’s sentiment.

“The Sussexes’ contract with Netflix is ​​in jeopardy,” the reporter told the Daily Mail.

“The veto of the photos will fuel the resentment of the Sussexes. Harry’s retaliation could be more revelations in his book due out later this year.

He added: “It’s a dangerous game for both sides.”

In general, Levin felt that Harry and Meghan’s conduct during the Jubilee was a “very poor show…I think they felt that everyone [the royal family] drop everything,” she said, adding that following the snub, they “probably left angry.”

“I thought they were like petulant teenagers, really,” she continued. “If they didn’t get what they wanted, they would leave. They left early. They left before Sunday’s contest. Nor did they go on to anything else.

She added: “They wanted to stay together as a family. I mean that’s nonsense. You’re with your family all the time, you don’t use that as an excuse if you’re so close.

Levin’s on-air salute comes after Harry and Meghan were reportedly banned from appearing on the balcony of Buckingham Palace alongside Elizabeth, Charles and other senior members of the Royal Family.

Meanwhile, on Friday the couple were booed as they turned up for a Jubilee event at St Paul’s Cathedral.

The couple left the UK on Sunday, even before the end of the Jubilee celebrations. However, sources told the Post it was not a royal snub – Harry and Markle had always intended to attend two events and leave.

This article originally appeared on the New York Post and is reproduced here with permission

#Netflix #disappointed #failed #Harry #Meghan #jubilee

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *