Windows 11 KB5014697 is a big OS update with some new features. This update brings Windows Spotlight support and improvements to Windows Widgets, and more. KB5014697 offline installers are also available for download from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
KB5014697 is a security update that will eventually install automatically on devices where the update is paused for a period of time. Sure, you can change Windows settings and delay updating for a week or two, but it’s usually not a good idea to delay security updates.
This update is released as part of Windows 11 June 2022 Update and includes a few new additions. For example, Microsoft is bringing Windows Spotlight to the desktop and it will be enabled by default on new systems, as the company wants to see if this configuration will be used over existing customization options.
Windows Spotlight has been around in Windows for quite some time and it is one of the best ways to customize the appearance of the operating system. Spotlight pulls wallpapers from Microsoft’s Bing and the same feature has now evolved to include the desktop, and now the company is bringing the feature to everyone.
Microsoft wants to see how it can further polish the personalization experience on Windows 11, and you can expect more Spotlight integration improvements in the coming days. It’s also worth noting that Microsoft has enabled support for 4K wallpapers on the desktop.
Again, the Windows Spotlight feature is in its infancy, and it’s not perfect or suitable for all users. However, Spotlight for desktop is a good idea and it’s definitely something that could come in handy, especially as the number of users willing to try out high-quality wallpapers is growing rapidly.
To enable this feature, open Settings > Personalization > Background > Customize your background. Choose the Windows projector.
If you check for Windows 11 updates, you will see the following fix:
Cumulative Update 2022-06 for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5014697)
Download links for Windows 11 KB5014697
Windows 11 KB5014697 direct download links: 64 bit.
You can open the link above and visit Microsoft’s update catalog directly. You can click the “download” button next to the version of Windows 11 compatible with your system.
Once done, click on the .msu link to begin the download.
Windows 11 Important Changelog KB5014697 (Build 22000.739)
Windows 11 Build 22000.739 also comes with the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Microsoft is introducing a new Family Safety verification experience for a child account.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue where the operating system does not maintain its display brightness mode after changing the display mode.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that affects the IE mode window frame.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue where Internet Shortcuts may not update.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that causes the Input Method Editor (IME) to drop a character if you enter the character when IME is in use.
- A bug has been fixed where Windows widgets could disappear or appear on the wrong monitor when hovering over the Widgets icon.
- Microsoft is adding a new animation to the Widgets icon that appears when you click or tap the icon.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that affects the rendering of the default Widgets icon.
- Microsoft fixed an issue that caused blurry app icons in search results.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue where copying files is slower than usual.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue where the Windows search box entry is not in focus when you select the Start menu and start typing.
#Windows #KB5014697 #handson #improved