WhatsApp’s Move to iOS app is a lifesaver.
Meta is finally doing something interesting to restore our WhatsApp chat history. Now, we can transfer all our chats from our Android phones to our iPhones whenever we want to change. Many users will agree when we say that the situation has been difficult for most of us. Indeed, each time we decide to move from using an Android device to an iPhone, we cannot transfer our data to it. This has been a problem because most of the important messages and data we have on WhatsApp are erased.
However, Meta came to the rescue with its simple approach to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. The CEO of Meta announced this in a post on Facebook, informing WhatsApp users about the new feature.
“We’re adding to WhatsApp the ability to securely switch between phones and transfer your chat history, photos, videos, and voicemails between Android and iPhone while maintaining end-to-end encryption,” Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Meta said in a statement. “This is a much requested feature. We introduced the ability to switch from iPhone to Android last year and are now adding Android to iPhone as well.
This means that users can now transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone, including chat history, videos, voicemails and pictures. Users must use Apple’s Move to iOS app, which was previously only used to transfer contacts, Google accounts, and calendars from Android to iPhone.
The app will now have the ability to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. WhatsApp also said that the process of transferring WhatsApp from Android to iPhone is fully encrypted and therefore does not have access to all the data you are going to transfer.
The tech giant also said that the whatsapp transfer beta from Android to iPhone was released on Tuesday and we can expect the feature to be available to everyone within a week.
How can I transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
With Move to iOS app, users can easily transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone by following simple instructions. However, there are some requirements before you can start the WhatsApp chat history transfer process. This includes :
- Before proceeding, your iPhone should be updated to the latest version of iOS, which is iOS 15.5.
- Your Android device must be updated to Android version 5 or newer before you can continue.
- Your WhatsApp should be updated to the current version on your Android device and iPhone.
Now that the requirements for transferring WhatsApp chat history have been highlighted, you can use the following steps to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
- First, you will need to download the Move to iOS app from your google play store if you haven’t already installed it on your phone.
- Next, open the downloaded app on your Android and follow the instructions provided.
- The above instructions will result in a passcode being displayed on your iPhone. You will need to write the code you see on your iPhone into the prompt on your Android device.
- After entering the code on your Android device, you will need to follow the on-screen instructions.
- A transfer data page will appear on the screen of your Android device. You will see a list of options like calendar, contacts, and others. Navigate to options and click on “WhatsApp”.
- The process begins once you click “Start”. WhatsApp will begin the process and you will be logged out of your WhatsApp account on your Android device.
- Then you will click “Next” to return to the Migrate to iOS app.
- Then you will click “Continue” to proceed to transfer your WhatsApp chat history. You will wait for the process to complete.
- Next, make sure that the updated version of WhatsApp has been downloaded on your iPhone. Then open WhatsApp and log in. Be sure to use the exact same phone number to log in. After entering the required details, you will click “Start” to finalize the process. You can then access all your WhatsApp data except for your call history and display name.
Meta has made the process of transferring WhatsApp chat history from Android to iPhone less cumbersome for its users. Users can easily switch from Android phone to iPhone without worrying about data loss.
#transfer #Whatsapp #chats #Android #Iphone