Prince Andrew is said to have ‘smoke’ his brother and nephew for blocking his bid for a royal comeback.
The The Duke of York is said to be angry with Prince Charles and Prince William after they approached the Queen for fear of a public backlash.
Andrew, 62, was due to attend the Order of Service of the Garter at Windsor Castle on Monday last week but at the eleventh hour was refused a place in the carriage procession.
READ MORE: Palace report on Meghan’s alleged bullying of ‘buried’ staff
Instead, the Duke was only allowed to attend the Investiture in the Castle’s Garter Throne Room and to lunch with the Royal Family and the Companion of Knights and the Companion of Ladies in the Chamber of Waterloo, all away from the public.
Prince William would have gave her grandmother an ultimatumsaying to the monarch “it’s him or me” when his uncle had first insisted on being at the ceremony.
Prince Charles accepted and they went to see the Queen the day before, who then reluctantly told Andrew that he could not appear in public at the event “for his own good”.
The last-minute decision came after Andrew’s name was included in the programme, showing his original place in the procession next to the Earl of Wessex and ahead of Prince William.
The seating plan for the service inside St George’s Chapel had placed it next to Princess Anne and the Duchess of Cornwall.
The Duke of York was also absent from Royal Ascot last weekapparently due to his anger at his brother and nephew, who represented Her Majesty during the prestigious race.
READ MORE: Logies 2022: All the winners and nominees of TV’s biggest night
The actions of Prince Charles and Prince William were not well received by Andrew.
‘Andrew is desperate to rebuild his life and wants his titles back,’ source says The sun.
“But he resents Charles and William for stopping his plans.
“He doesn’t want to talk to them. Battle lines have been drawn and it’s put a cloud over Balmoral this summer.”
The publication reports that Prince Andrew is now likely to disrupt the Royal Family’s annual summer holiday at Balmoral Castle.
The Queen usually spends the summer months in her Scottish Highlands retreat and is often visited by members of her family.
Prince Andrew is usually one of those who spend around a week at the castle, including his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson and their two daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children are regular visitors to Balmoral, but will likely plan their stay when Prince Andrew is away, as they have in the past.
Prince Andrew retired from public duties in November 2019 following an interview with the BBC about his links to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and the allegations made against him.
Prince Andrew has denied any wrongdoing and in February paid Giuffre $20 million, bringing a end to longtime affair.
He reportedly approached the Queen to request that his role as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards be reinstated and allowed to attend official events alongside other members of his family under his status as a Blood Prince.
The post was returned to the Queen in January when Prince Andrew, as well as his other honorary military titles and patronages. He was also no longer authorized to use his HRH title.
For a daily dose of 9Honey, Subscribe to our newsletter here
#Andrew #rants #Charles #William #blocking #comeback